Sunday, July 27, 2008

She still takes my breath away!


It was June 25th 1994 and I did not want to be pregnant for one more minute. I was two weeks over due and I was dang over it. As Madi entered this world in her sassy fashion, she hung herself on the umbilical cord. "Code Blue" was all I heard and everyone waiting outside. Doctors and nurses ran from everyone, they entered the room and took her away. I could not believe that she could be taken from us so quickly. She had barely been born and I did not even get to see her face. I was so scared that I could hardly breathe. The team worked on her for what seemed like forever, then finally she took her first breathe...and so did I. Since her dramatic entrance in our world, Madi has continually taken my breath away. She turned 14 on June 25th and is one of the reasons I wake each day. She is the most like me. We have the same personality, same build (I mean, when I was her age), we have the same thoughts. She scares me because she is me. We are wired the same way. She hates it when I say that I know what she is thinking because I know her that well. Here is a picture of her at our family reunion and is one of my favorites of her. It is like she is saying" Stop, this is my life". If you knew me at age fourteen, then you will say it too, It is like looking in a mirror.




She has the most amazing heart. She taught a cheerleading camp this summer and the girls loved her. She makes everyone feel special.




She loves the beach and is a sun worshipper. She loves her friends and stays up most nights texting, myspacing and talking to them, encouraging them and loving them.





She is so pretty that it makes me sick. I told Greg that I think we should shave her head so she would not be so dang cute. I think she could probably pull that off too. I don't know where the years have gone. I love you Madi...Happy 14th...You still take my breath away!!!


Love,
Mom.

No comments: