Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

I am feeling a little better today but just can't seem to break this fever. I think I can become mobile and then I feel terrible. Not wanting to even think about going anywhere tonight.. I decided to cook. We had a wonderful "Red and heart healthy meal".
Spaghetti with veggie pasta circles
Asparagus-baked with red spices
Toasted Heart shaped bread with pink colored butter (I used my pampered chef heart shaped bread tube and colored butter with red food coloring)
Pink Lemonade
Angel Food Cake with strawberries and whip cream (I made the angel food cake myself)

The table was decorated with red place mats and white plates.

Everything was wonderful and we had my dad over for dinner. Mom is still down. Get better soon mom.

The children cleaned the dishes and I asked them if something ever happened to me would they remember that their mother always wanted to make even the simplest dinner special for them. Ok..Here is where you should start belly laughing.."No Mom..Are you kidding..we don't care about this mess..we just want to eat" Why do we try so hard as mothers to do things for them that they probably don't give two cents about now. I am holding out that one day they will be just like me, say things just like me and care about the smallest details of holidays just like me..so I can sit back and belly laugh at them..all the while I am tracking in mud on their carpet, scratching their newly painted walls, stopping up their toilets and giving their children candy before dinner. ha ha.

Hope you and yours had a Happy Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

Marybeth Whalen said...

I can't WAIT to be a grandparent!! Paybacks, right?? I can't wait til they call me to whine about a sleepless night or complain about a back-talkin teen. I will get out my harp and play them a solo!
(Who am I kidding? I will probably jump in my car and come to the rescue!)
Loved your story about V-day... sounded like fun to me! And much cheaper than dinner out!