Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Putting your baby on a bus




This morning I put my baby, Madison on a bus to Washington, DC at 6:00am. She has been so excited about this trip for weeks. The planning, packing, talking, texting, and myspacing to friends about this week has been fun to listen to. The many decisions of what to wear, what shoes, how many sweatshirts, bathing suit or not, phone charger, ipod charger, ihome, camera, batteries, hair straightner...I don't know how we got it all in that suitcase. But, as I watched the bus drive off today, I realize my baby was growing up. She will be staying in a room with four of her friends without a parent chaperoning them. She will be able to walk around our nations capitol without me holding her hand and telling her to watch both ways before she runs out. Though it was hard to let her go I knew this will be the trip of a lifetime for her. She will make memories there that she will share and laugh about for years to come. She graduates from her school in a few short months and goes off the high school. I will have 2 in high school, one in middle school and one in elementary school at that time. I must be old. I can remember saying, I have a 4 yo and 2 yo. Now, I have 4 of them and 2 of us. I prayed for her this morning that she would be a light to all her friends and make good choices. I prayed protection for her and her friends. And I prayed she would miss me too. haha. She text me while I was driving home and wrote "I love you momma". Here are pictures of her and that huge suitcase, her and her friends and the bus getting ready to leave. If you will this week say a prayer for her and her friends. I will try to post more details of her trip later this week, she will be sending me pictures over her phone.

No comments: