Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What to do when you are down with the crud?

This week most of us have been battling the flu. Jessica returned to school this week, it hit her last week. Wilson has been in and out of school for over a week. Madi has been hit the worst. I always worry about her when she is sick because of her asthma. She usually coughs herself into an attack. She is going back to school tomorrow and I am much happy about it. The crud has come and gone and come again and I was happy to have avoided it. Until about 4am on Tuesday morning. I felt terrible...I looked terrible and sounded terrible. Today I did get a shower and that made me feel better. One thing about being sick is that it grounds you. I have worked for 4 1/2 years and when I get a break from working it usually is to benefit the children or take time away from home. Well this week there has been no children activities for me and no venturing outside much. I have laid up in bed on my laptop or reading some books. It seems like I have been down for about 2 weeks and yet has only been 2 days. I have recommitted myself to work on my weight-I have researched the mess out of weight watchers. I have organized all my financial accounts and bills online-to view and pay them monthly. I have listed my 12 books that I am going to read this year. I have started a "want" list of all the latest gadets online. Do you know that they make something called "kindle" that you can download books to it and read it. It is mad crazy to much money but heah, I put it on my "wants" list not my " I'm getting this fo sho list". And I saw this gadget called "slingbox", you attach it to your computer or phone and wherever you are you can watch tv programs that are on your tv from home. Cool right? So if you are somewhere and you can to watch a show that you can get on your cable network at home then you can watch it on your laptop.

I also made of list of things I want to accomplish with the kids and at work. I thought about what I wanted to have for Valentines dinner at the house. I read lots of blogs. You people are way more interesting than me. I have researched everything on Voddie Baucham-I proudly am the newest member of his fan club-right behind Curt Whalen-We are Voddie stalkers. I researched baby shower stuff. I looked up all my favorite Hollywood friends- you know Jennifer Aniston-today is her birthday. I looked up all my past soap operas and read up on them. I am current now. I looked at gobs of craft websites and scrapbook sites too. And lastly one of my favorite things to do online is look up the webcam at Carolina Beach in Wilmington. Man I miss the beach. We are counting down the days until Spring Break here. After I watched the ocean for a while-I thought of places I would like to visit one day and googled webcam in those areas and watched them for awhile too. I know you are laughing at me by now. I know you want to know where all I visited with a fever in the comforts of my bed. I visited Ireland, Paris (eiffel tower, if you know me, its my dream to go there one day), Russia, Iceland (dont ask me why ---lol-theres alot of snow there, Washington DC-(lots of webcam there-Madi is going there in two weeks-I was just curious, the beaches of California and also I watched many webcams of several cruise ships. By now you get the feeling that I am bored out of my mind don't you. Me too haha. It really was interesting but I thought to myself--"Self-I sure am glad you have a life-a husband, four kids, two dogs this week, parents, family, church, friends and a job, cause this is what I could see occupying my days". So this crud will pass soon and when it does I will be right back in the thick of my crazy life. I am really looking forward to it.

have a great day

Paige



p.s Mom and Dad are back from their 3 week Mickey and Minnie adventure-She did return home with the crud of her own. Boy was Bear so excited to see them. We will miss Bear.

No comments: